Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pure English is worth reciting

1. I wasn't born yesterday. (I'm not old child)
2. How do I address you? (How do I call you)
3. She turns me off. (She makes me tired.)
4. So far so good. (So far so good.)
5. Be my guest. (Go ahead, you're welcome)
6. That was a close call. (Too dangerous / nick)
7. Far from it. (Is not.)
8. It's a pain in the neck [problems of the things (people)]. (It is really a hassle)
9. We're in the same boat. (We are in similar situations.)
10. My mouth is watering. (I was drooling.)
11. I ache all over. (My whole body aches.)
12. I have a runny nose. (I have a runny nose.)
13. Do you have any openings? (Do you have vacancies?)
14. Think nothing of it. (Do not mind.)
15. I'm not myself today. (Today, I hung up.)
16. I have a sweet tooth. (I like to eat sweets.)
17. For the time being. (Temporarily; for the time being; present)
18. Don't beat around the bush. (Do not beat around the bush up.)
19. It's up on the air [pending]. (Not yet determined.)
20. It slipped my mind. (I forget.)
21. You can't please [people feel satisfied and happy] everyone. (You can not please everyone.)
22. I'm working on [start; in] it. (I'm trying.)
23. You bet! (Of course!)
24. Drop me a line [message]. (Write a letter to me)
25. Are you pulling my leg [with someone joking; fun]? (I joke you open it?)
26. I'll keep my ears open. (I will note.)
27. Neck and neck. (Neck and neck.)
28. I'm feeling under the weather. (I do not feel / spirit of good / depression.)
29. Don't get me wrong [misunderstanding]. (Do not get me wrong.)
30. You're the boss. (Listen to you.)
31. If I were in your shoes [in the person's location] (If I were you.)
32. Over my dead body! (Never expect to)
33. It'll come to me. (I would think up.)
34. I will play it by ear [play it by ear; temporary are doing]. (I'll play it by ear the; time to say it.)
35. Let's talk over coffee. (We drinkin on.)
36. Take it easy. (A little easier; Take it easy; relax; goodbye.)
[This is the American favorite to say, but also can be used for parting words. }
37. Let's give him a big hand. (Let's warm applause.)
38. As far as I'm concerned. (In my case.)
39. I'm up to my ears [busy; deep things in particular] in work. (I am too busy.)
40. You can't do this to me. (You can not do this to me.)
41. Just to be on the safe side. (For security reasons.)
42. It's been a long time. (Long time no see.)
43. It's about time. (It is almost time.)
44. I can't imagine why. (I can not imagine why.)
45. That's really something. (Really great.)
46. Excuse me for a moment. (Excuse me for a while.)
47. I'm dying [want] to see you. (I really want to see you.)
48. I'm flattered. (Flattering.)
49. You can never tell. (Do not know / no one to grasp.)
50. I won't buy [believe; to accept] you story. (I do not believe that you set.)
51. It hurts like hell! (Hurts like friends!)
52. It can't be helped. (Powerless.)
53. Sorry to bother you. (Sorry to bother you. [Prior])
Sorry to have bothered you. (Sorry to bother you. [After])
54. Stay out of this matter, please. (Please do not on this matter.)
55. I'll make it up to you. (I will be compensation.)
56. I'm very / really / terribly / awfully / extremely sorry. (Very sorry)
57. Let's forgive and forget. (Let us put aside their differences.) 58. I've heard so much about you! (Long admired name!)
58. Don't underestimate me. (Do not look down on me.)
59. She gives me a headache. (She makes me a headache.)
60. You're wasting you breath. (You are a waste of breath)
61. Don't get on my nerves! (Not upsets my nerves.)
62. His argument doesn't hold water. (His argument hold water)
63. You've got to do something. (You must find a way.)
64. Don't look wise. (Do not try to be smart)
65. You're going too far! (You too much!)
66. Don't bury your head in the sand. (Do not escape.)
67. Nothing works. (Nothing Duijin Er.)
68. Money will come and go. (Money is a thing apart.)
69. He's been behind bars for almost 30 years. (He sat for nearly 30 years in prison.)
70. You have my word. (I promise.)
71. He hit the ceiling at the news. (He heard the news furious / angry)
72. You're too outspoken. (You too plain.)
73. Every dog ​​has his day. (Jie proud when mortals.)
74. Are you out of you mind? (You mad?)
75. He's been everywhere. (He had been everywhere.)
76. Who is to blame? (The blame?)
77. There're a lot of rumors going around. (A lot of rumors circulating.)
78. I don't feel up to that. (I think it can not do that work.)
79. I'm mad at myself. (I was born and their gas.)
80. It's raining cats and dogs. (Under a heavy rain.)
81. What the hell are you doing? (In the end you do what?)
82. I can't seem to get to sleep. (I seem to sleep.)
83. You look very serious about something. (You seem to have a very serious matter.)
84. I hope I'm not in the way. (I hope not cause prejudice.)
85. A fool never learns. (Fools never learn.)
86. What brings you to Beijing? (What you wind blowing from Beijing?)
87. She looks blue. (She sounded very sad.)



The United States the most frequently used words spoken 296



1. Have a nice day. I wish nice day

2. So far, so good. So far all is well

3. Take it or leave it. take it or not to leave it

4 . Keep it up! to continue efforts to continue refueling

5. Good for you. Well! Well done!

6. Time flies! Time flies

7. Time is money. Time is money

8. That's life. This is the life

9. Now you're talking. This right thing

10. have butterflies in one's stomach tension

11. You asked for it. you deserve it

12. read between the lines of implication between the lines
< br> 13. The rest is history. It is well known

14. A little bird told me. I heard

15. It never rains but it pours. whammy

16. Mind your own business. to do your thing

17. Hang in there. stick

18. could be worse could be worse

19. Money talks. money talks

20. count me out Do not count me

21. Over my dead body! Do not even try (unless I die)

22. go fifty-fifty on sth. equally

23. You can say that again! You said it! You're right; You said

24. Look who's talking! look at yourself!

25. It's Greek to me.. This I do not understand

26. take my word for it believe me

27. not one's cup of tea is not interested; sub appetite

28. Get real! Stop it; Do not joke

29. head over heels in deep; completely

30. Suit yourself. as you pleased

31. What's the catch? what intent?

32. let the cat out of bag leak secret

33. sth. is touch and go a dangerous situation; breathtaking; explosive

34. beat a dead horse futile

35. The sky's the limit. There is no limit

36. once in a blue moon golden; rare one

37. Be prepared. ready

38. It's easier said than done. said than done simply

39. have second thoughts to consider; hesitate

40. behind someone's back in someone's back; back with someone

41. Better luck next time. better luck next time

42. come in handy in handy

43. rains cats and dogs downpour

44. First come, first served. first-come, first served; pre-empted

45. It's not my day! really bad luck today

46. That's news to me. this is news it

47. There's no way to tell. no way to know

48. read sb. like an open book clearly someone's mind the idea of ​​

49. You've got me there. you test to me

50. Easy does it. slowly; careful; do not be angry

51. on the tip of one's tongue almost said exports; was almost remember the

52. The more, the merrier. better

53. let someone off the hook to let someone out of trouble, hardship relief < br>
54. beside the point beside the point; not focus

55. burn the candle at both ends to be busy during the day and night; spend a lot of energy

56. meet a deadline deadline

57. out of sight, out of mind out of sight of the net; from long sight,

58. rub someone the wrong way annoy someone

59. stop on one's toes to offend a person

60. be fed up with ... ... tired of

61. give credit where credit is due. praised the person who has been praised

62. go from bad to worse worse

63. hit the jackpot the jackpot, luck

64. It all depends on what one means by sth. someone to see what is for ... ... meaning

65. accidentally / on purpose accidentally / deliberately

66. in one's book in someone's dictionary; in terms of ... ...

67. No pains , no gains a hard, a harvest

68. You ain't seen nothing yet. you have not seen a better (bad) and

69. to give a rain check another day's invitation

70. That's what friends are for. This is a good friend ah

71. It's a pain in the neck. very annoying and hard to avoid

72. It's the thought that counts. mind the most important

73. the tip fo the iceberg tip of the iceberg; dangerous subtle signs

74. jump down someone's throat rudely answer a person; unreasonably interrupted if someone

75. save sth. for a rainy day to prepare for contingencies

76. behind the scenes behind the scenes; in the dark

77. by the skin of one's teeth is just, reluctantly, luck

78. Don't rock the boat. not to disrupt the status quo, trouble

79. worth its weight in gold of great value

80. speak fo the devil said Cao Cao to

81. right up / down someone's alley someone's expertise

82. You never know what you can do until you try .

not try, do not know their potential

83. You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. you help me, I help you

84. A penny saved is a penny earned. Province, one point is earned one point

85. get away from it all away from it all

86. make a mountain out of a molehill fuss; fuss; exaggerated

87. Two heads are better than one. Three Stooges had arrived a wise

88. get / have cold feet tight

89. have someone's sight on sth. optimistic about something; determined to

90. Honesty is the best policy is honesty the best policy

91. No sooner said than done. Just do it

92. sleep like a log sleep deeply

93. through thick and thin together through

94. all in the day's work used to; surprising
< br> 95. Curiosity killed the cat. curious beverages

96. Great minds think alike. the hero can see thumbnail

97. Some people never learn. Some people are always learning naughty < br>
98. There's no place like home. no warmer than at home where

99. You learn sth. new everyday. you learn something new every day / to know new things

100. wrap things up finishing some things, to be the end of

101. at the drop of a hat immediately, at any time

102. Beauty is only skin deep. beauty is superficial

103. It takes two to tango. a tango

104. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Today it today completed

105. Some people have all the luck. Some people are so lucky

106. Don't be such a poor loser. not afford to lose

107. Don't cry over spilt milk. spilled

108. It wouldn't hurt to ask. to ask people not happen

109. have one's head in the clouds absent

110. Never say die. should never be discouraged

111. seeing is believing seeing is believing

112. Patience is a virtue. patience is a virtue

113. Talk is cheap. just say no use

114. turn over a new leaf to start

115. burn the midnight oil burning the midnight oil

116. grin and bear it silently endure; patient with point

117. same to you also wish you

118. sth. is better than nothing better than nothing

119. Opposites attract. opposites attract

120. The feeling is mutual. feel the same

121. the calm before the storm calm before the storm

122. The early bird catches the worm early bird gets the worm eat

123. Better left unsaid. better not say

124. Tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow is a new day

125. come out in the wash truth; a satisfactory result

126. Every dog ​​has his day. decades turned upside

127. bury the hatchet buried the hatchet; and good

128. A good man is hard to find. a good man hard to find

129. in the nick of time time

130. Don't speak too soon. not to mention the early

131. There's no such thing as a free lunch. There is no free lunch

132. without batting an eyelid eye blink; poised

133. know the ropes know the rules or learning content

134. pay through the nose to spend a lot of money

135. sell like hot cakes are selling

136. What's done is done. do you do

137. Look before you leap. think twice

138. When the chips are down. at a critical juncture; a critical moment

139. bet one's bottom dollar no doubt as < br>
140. Variety is the spice of life. a rich diversity of life

141. a wolf in sheep's clothing wolf in sheep's clothing

142. Haste makes waste. Haste makes waste not up to

143. like a bull in a china shop clumsy; reckless act

144. someone is not out of the woods yet not out of danger

145. The best things in life are free. The best things in life that money can not buy

146. Easy come, easy go. comes and goes fast

147. I don 't have a clue. I do not know

148. Better safe than sorry. rather safe (reliable) and do not regret

149. Practice makes perfect. Practice makes perfect

150. for crying out loud Oh Yeah! Please

151. On the spur of the moment impulse; whim

152. Every little bit counts. Bit by bit are considered

153. Drive sb. To the wall to make someone mad / stand; to make someone helpless

154. get sth. off one's chest hearts pour out to do; down the hearts of a large stone

155. Two wrongs don't make a right. revenge does not help

156. the blind leading the blind being led by an outsider

157. in the same boat with life connected

158. Appearances can be deceiving. looks can be deceiving

159. only time will tell Only time will prove

160. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Do not gamble

161. take the good with the bad with the good and bad must be accepted

162. take the bull by the horns act decisively; boldly and decisively to solve the problem

163. That's the last straw. people could not bear the final blow

164. You can't please everyone. you can not make everyone satisfied

165. An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. eye for eye, tooth for a tooth

166. Money doesn't grow on trees. hard-earned money

167. cost sb. an arm and a leg to spend large sums of money

168. have the upper hand dominant

169. everything but the sink everything

170. Boys will be boys. the boy is a boy

171. Not be able to get a word in edgewise. could not get it

172. go back to square one back to the place

173. It's never too late to learn. learning never too late; too late not too late

174. Leave well enough alone. maintain the status quo; very satisfied for now, do not change

175. on a first-name basis address him its name (very familiar)

176. Nothing to write home about. nothing worthwhile to say; not recommended

177. packed in like sardines packed terrible

178. There are other fish in the sea. Splendor in the Grass; there are other opportunities

179. What you see is what you get. What you see is what

180. come out smelling like a rose stood

181. hear through the grapevine heard rumors

182. read you loud and clear heard loud and clear; know your

183. have a sweet tooth sweet tooth (like something)

184. know sb. like the back of one's hand is about someone

185. It's not the end of the world . not the end of the world

186. come away empty-handed nothing

187. breathe down someone's neck immediately behind the person; supervision of someone

188. cost sb . a pretty penny expensive

189. fill someone's shoes take over someone's job

190. act the mustard to the standard

191. like a dream come true dream true

192. zero in on sth. to focus on; alignment (two prepositions and use, strange)

193. put / lay sth. on the line frankly, to take ... ... risk

194. like a fish out of water embarrassed suited

195. All systems are go. ready. (This sentence studied for a long time, actually not a syntax error?)

196. End of the road end; last

197. Just what the doctor ordered exact needs

198. pull the wool over someone's eyes deceive; fooled someone

199. The first step is always the hardest. All things are difficult

200. Time change, people change. time will become , people become

201. Birds of a feather flock together. feather flock together, people in groups

202. give sb. an inch and he'll take a mile insatiable

203. Don't press your luck. do not push for too much

204. saved by the bell (at a crucial moment) saved

205. finders keepers who is who picked up the < br>
206. by the book in accordance with the provisions of

207. That's fair enough. this is very fair

208. raise one's eyebrows surprised

209. keep one's head above water to make ... ... from liability

210. bark up the wrong tree with the energy used in the wrong place; wronged person; target error

211. from the bottom of one's heart sincerely to

212. Love is blind. Love is blind

213. That's all, folks.'s it, you

214. feel sth. in one's bones intuition to

215. It's sink or swim. whether successful or not (thanks to their own)

216. steal one's thunder grab someone else's credit; to steal someone else's way; grab someone else's thunder

217. Where there's smoke, there's fire. no smoke without fire incident; accidental

218. Bad news travels fast. bad news travels

219. eat one's heart out depressed; sad

220. stand the last of time to accept the test of time

221. a bed of roses boast heart wishful life

222. Achilles' heel of a person's weakness

223. go the distance persist in the end; complete all

224. Cleanliness is next to godliness. cleaning is a virtue

225. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is power

226. Love will find a way. Love will find a way of

227. Mother knows best. my mother most clearly

228. the bottom line is that ... the basic bottom line ; end result

229. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. eye of the beholder

230. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. from the United States; fonder

231. Forgive and forget. forgive and forget

232. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If it sounds like is not true, perhaps not really

233. Those were the days. then it is a good time

234. water under the bridge past tense; irretrievable past; thing of the past

235. Monkey see, monkey do. suit

236. What one doesn't know won't hurt one. do not know what will

237. There's a time and a place for everything.

come in handy at the right time; timely work

238. You can't win them all. who could not have been lucky; person can not be plain sailing
< br> 239. Different strokes for different folks. people have their own likes

240. Customers are always right. Customer First

241. give sth. one's best shot best efforts

242. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

not stand the pressure, and left it

243. If the shoe fits, wear it. If this statement is, and to accept advice it

244. like two peas in a pod tired with

245. point-blank directly

246. down in the dumps mood stumbled

247. give sb. a piece of one's mind lessons from someone meal

248. If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.

you want to do something, we should do it yourself

249. Don't spend it all in one place. Do not all in one place

250. go out on a climb to do sth. risked

251. There's no time like the present. there is no more appropriate than it is now time to

252. see / read the handwriting on the wall feeling ominous

253. Two's company, three is a crowd. two people just fine, three too many

254.Every family has a skeleton in the closet. Every family has cupboard

255. hardly have time to breathe there is no time to breathe

256. keep your eyes on the ball to concentrate

257. leave no stone unturned to spare no effort; completely

258. I mean it. I mean really

259. make one's hair stand on end make afraid; horror

260. The walls have ears. Walls have ears

261. bring home the bacon to maintain their livelihood; success

262. They lived happily ever after. they lived a happy life from

263. blow the whistle on sb. / sth. came to light; to stop someone (something)

264. Ignorance is bliss. I do not know is the blessing

265. People who live in glass houses should't throw stones .

they have weaknesses, the total came to light on other people's weaknesses

266. pull out all the stops exhausted all the strength of the

267. take the wind out of one's sails make someone suddenly deflated, humiliating

268. in the seventh heaven of happiness in the very

269. The end justifies the means. for the purpose of unscrupulous

270 . call a spade a spade have something to say

271. A woman's work is never done. housework is never done

272. one's name will be mud to someone infamous

273. play second fiddle to sb. to act as deputy

274. the rhird time's the charm third time is always lucky

275. shape up or ship out look out for themselves, otherwise they leave

276. Old dogs can't learn new tricks. elderly people do not easily adapt to new things

277. Life's full fo surprise. life is full of surprises

278. So quiet that you could hear a pin drop. quietly with a pin out of the ground could hear

279. turn back the clock time reversal

280. Fancy meeting you here. how will here to meet you

281. bury one 'head in the sand ostrich mentality; do not face reality

282. You only live once. life only once

283. Home is where the heart is. people always miss home where

284. Has the cat got your tongue? (cat your tongue Diao leave?) Why do not you speak?

285. When the cat's away. the mice will play. Hades is not, kid jumping beam

286. Every cloud has a silver lining. there is always a silver lining in the dark; situation improves
< br> 287. for the record that formally or explicitly; solemnly declare

288. Good things come to him / her who waits. wine Shen urn at the end of

289. Where there's a will. there's a way. Where there is, there is a way

290. sit like a bump on a log sitting with the big wooden general

291. That's the pot calling the kettle black. Crow curse black pig

292. bang / beat one's head against a brick wall in vain to do something

293. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. eclipse an apple keeps the doctor away

294. To err is human, to forgive divine. err is human, to forgive is to transcend worldliness and attain holiness

295. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. wishful thinking do not played early

296. live and learn live and learn

No comments:

Post a Comment